Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Homemade Mac&Cheese

Normally there is a picture here... but I completely spaced and forgot to take one.  So, the next time I make this dish, I'll remember to take a picture and add it in, I promise!



Ingredients: 
   Pasta (My kids love shells, but use whatever)
   Shredded Cheddar
   Shredded Italian Cheeses
   Flour
   Butter
   Milk



Directions:

  1).  Boil pasta.  Remember to add a little oil to the boiling water, or your noodles will get REALLY sticky.
  2.)  Remove pasta into a strainer, leave there for now.  Put pot back onto stove, melt 2-3 tbs of butter.  Add just enough flour to create a paste.  Add 1/2 cup milk.
  3.)  Add noodles, stir together.  Now begin adding cheeses, a little bit at a time. Stir well, the cheese melts fast.  Once you get the amount of cheese you want, remove from heat, and serve! 


Note:  We like adding a bit of garlic and pepper, but this is great without spices too!

No comments:

Post a Comment